If you want that classic Hip Hop and Trap feel of the Akai MPC but can justify the cost, if you are looking to start making beats and want a more natural rhythm we’d recommend the Akai MPD218 and here’s why.
Best cheap drum machine for begginers
If you are just learning how to make beats this is the perfect tool to help your beats sound more natural, flow better and give you the edge on the competition. The Akai MPD218 is one of the best drum machines out there and it’s as close to a classic MPC as you will get for under $100 (£74.00).
So what does this cheap Akai MPD include:
- 16 big LED backlit pads for hammering out your beats
- 48 pads using the 3 assignable banks
- Classic features from the MPC like Full Level and Note Repeat
- 18 control knobs via the 3 banks to control effects
- Only requires USB power no AC plug required
- It includes Ableton Live Lite and more Akai software and free drum samples
- It’s also compatable with iOS devices
If you’re looking for the lightest drum machine available, you may well have found it. If you are a traveling musician that plays live this could be a great weapon to have with you. Much lighter than the Akai MPC with same great professional feel.
As the Akai MPD is a USB powered midi controller it is pretty much compatible with all music production software including Logic Pro X, FL Studio, Ableton Live and Mac, PC and iOS devices.
You can also use all of our free sample packs with this device.
Watch a video review of the Akai MPD
Buy the Akai MPD here
AKAI Professional MPD218 | Ultra-Portable USB Bus-Powered 16-Pad USB/MIDI Pad Controller
You might also like